Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Splurge!

When I was a little girl my mom had a pair of knee high boots. They were tall, supple leather, with metal grommets that my little fingers loved to fumble with. When my feet were still tiny little things, I loved to clomp around in them. For a short time, they actually fit, and I wore them around, but never wanted the attention I would get for wearing them to school. Now, I long for those boots to fit, there is something magical about the things you grow up with, the shoes that were too big, the passed down college sweatshirts, the plaid button-up work shirts. Needless to say I have been on my own hunt for a pair of knee-high boots that are reminiscent of my mother's. Recently I found some dreamy boots at Free People that I mentioned in this post. After agonizing over it for quite awhile, I made the leap and purchased not one, but two pairs. I am caught between excitement and terror at this point. Waiting impatiently for my boxes to arrive and checking my account to make sure this was not a completely unsound decision. One of them was 50% off... oh how I can justify just about anything...

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Gotta love comments! I appreciate you taking the time!