Monday, November 29, 2010

Dreaming of...

After reading an article in a recent Sunset Magazine, I have become mildly obsessed with this amazing invention, the teardrop trailer. I love being outside and camping is a favorite activity of mine, but I have always been a self proclaimed "car camper." Cushy sleeping mats, my portable kitchen bin, and my dreamy chair are essential to a quality camping experience. After a rainy October camping trip, trying to break down the tent and get every thing into our not-so-roomy two door Honda Civic, my desire for a teardrop trailer became even more pronounced. I have always loved the idea of being able to blow out of town on a weekend when the clouds sit in a serene sky and the brisk air proclaims that it is the perfect day to cook outdoors. The reality that has revealed itself is that packing for that trip is quite the task, not to mention getting the supplies to fit into the trunk.

With a teardrop trailer, blowing out of town would not only be possible, it would be quite a stylish getaway. With this dream solidly in place, I can now start conjuring up the decor, what homespun quilt will I create, what color can I stain the kitchen cabinets hid beneath the back panel... This is definitely making my before thirty list!

p.s. Can you even imagine a more enticing guestroom than this dreamy nook tucked into a backyard garden?

Images: 1, 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Gotta love comments! I appreciate you taking the time!