Sunday, June 5, 2011

June... Sage Simple Syrup


After a little online research, a sage simple syrup recipe was found and tried. I am definitely happy with the result. The sage plant is looking a more reasonable size and I have a couple hostess gifts ready to go. So far, favorite concoctions include:

Blueberry Sage Cocktail
adapted from Missy's Recipe
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1 part blueberry vodka
- 1 part sage simple syrup
- top with bubbly water

Raspberry Sage Soda
- a lil' sage syrup
- a lil' Monin Raspberry Syrup
- bubbly water

Sage Lemonade
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- a lil' sage syrup
- bubbly water

For the hostess gift I used Paper Source Oval Cards and tied them to the bottle with waxed twine. I wrote out the cocktail recipe on the label to give an idea of how to use the syrup.

Lovely drinks to sip on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Gotta love comments! I appreciate you taking the time!