Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{dreaming of} fall


... fall. Today was the first day that really felt like fall to me. As I rolled my bike out of our apartment laundry room it crunched through a pile of leaves. It was light outside, but cold and misty. I love fall. I love the weather and the thoughts of crafting at home to the sound of rain on the windows.

... making my own cheese. Can you believe they sell kits now, just add milk. Homemade mozzarella with the last of my tomatoes still clinging to the vine. Sign me up. 

... baking French Macarons. Since the arrival of my new Kitchen Aid, it is all I can think about. Baking has won me over.  I was spellbound watching butter and sugar being beat together. The pillowy cloud of sweetness was never something I could whip up by hand. Magic.


... going to bed earlier. I have found that I like to be out while the world is waking up. Biking to work as the light gets brighter and the birds lift off the telephone lines is the most peaceful part of my day. The only problem is, if I go to bed too late, it is impossible to drag myself out from under my cozy comforter in the wee morning hours. 

... a tattoo. I have thought about a tattoo for a long time. I like the idea of getting one with my mister. However, my hubby, the avid blood donor that he is, has been hesitant because it would mean being unable to donate for an entire year. When we returned from Mexico he was surprised to discover they wouldn't accept his blood because we had traveled to an area that had been exposed to Malaria. Now I am left pondering what it is that I would get now that the opportunity is presenting itself. I love the freedom and peacefulness of soaring birds... I love the Eleanor Roosevelt quote, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." I also think it would be romantic to get a tattoo that matched or connected to a tattoo that the mister would get. Hmmm... so many things to consider. 


We are half way to the weekend. Hope you are having a good week so far...

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Gotta love comments! I appreciate you taking the time!