Thursday, December 16, 2010

Materials I Love

Yellow Owl Workshop is one of my favorite places to find stamps. At this point I have acquired several of their sets, the above dove set was a recent holiday purchase. It has been a wonderful accent on brown paper wrapping, gift tags, and holiday bookmarks. The sets are fantastic because they give you a lot of creative freedom and flexibility to mix and match different images in different way. These stamps also have great lines that give them a lot of dimension and life on the page.

I also can't get enough of these Paper Mate pens. The colors are very appealing and, with the holidays here, having such a wide range of fun colors to pick from adds to all the cards and handmade gifts that are finding their way under our tree. For a long time I have loved Sharpies of all kinds (I still think their colors are slightly more enticing, not to mention that they can write on just about anything), but the thing that really draws me to the Paper Mate pens is that they don't seem to bleed through reasonably thick paper. This is particularly wonderful for my art journal, where I like to use both sides of a page.

Enjoy and happy holidays!


Pictures: 1, 2

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see a cute stamp set I think of you!
    Miss you, merry christmas!
    xoxo,
    jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Gotta love comments! I appreciate you taking the time!